Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Conference

From: Scott Johnston
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Conference
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:14:00 -0500

Tom,

Can you give a brief sample agenda for the conference? I just want to know if this is intended to be a forum where all the contributers talk about GNU Radio or is it going to be tutorials and demos? If it is the latter I would be interested in attending.

Thanks

Scott

Tom Rondeau wrote:
I want to have a separate thread for discussing the GNU Radio
conference details. Here is what we have so far:

When: Sometime in September, 2011
Where: Philadelphia, PA, USA – probably on the University of Pennsylvania campus
How long: 2.5 – 3 days

The first thing I would like to do is nail down the exact dates. There
are two ways we can go with this, and I'm polling the community here
to try to figure it out. We can either hold the conference during the
week or over a weekend. The weekend would look like (probably): Friday
afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday. If we held it during the week,
I was thinking something like: all day Wednesday and Thursday and
Friday morning.

There are certain people who will find either time better than the
other depending on your work/life situations. So we want to make sure
that this happens during the most convenient time for the most amount
of people. Once we figure this out, I will work on securing a location
to host the event. A show of hands for how many people think they can
attend would also help me determine what size we need to account for.

Thanks,
Tom