[Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on the new UbuntuInstall wiki-site

From: Fabian Klaes
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on the new UbuntuInstall wiki-site
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:35:18 +0100

Dear List, dear Alexandru,

at first i have to say, the installation instructions are looking much better now! Thanks!

But when comparing the new to the old instructions i noticed some differences (for Ubuntu 10.04), that made me think:

1) The "Install Boost" Part is gone. I did not notice an additional command for installing boost in the script (besides of libboost-all-dev, but that was there before). Isn't it necessary any more to install Boost separately or at all?

2) I also noticed that you added autoconf and removed libfftw3-dev from the script. Why was libfftw3-dev removed? Is it included somewhere else in 10.04, because i saw, that it's still included in the Script for 9.10.

I just got curious and hope that these didn't accidentally went missing during the change.

Fabian