[Discuss-gnuradio] Question about an OFDM-USRP2 decoder

From: Juan Ramon Gutierrez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about an OFDM-USRP2 decoder
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:10:31 +0100

Hello,

I've been using the IEEE 802.11a/g/p OFDM encoder developed by the FTW
group
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2009-11/msg00211.html) and,
in my humble opinion, I think that it's a great contribution to the GNU Radio
community. I also consider that it would be nice to complete this project with
the equivalent OFDM decoder, but I don't have a clue about its development
state.

Does anyone know if the OFDM decoder is being developed?

Regarding the OFDM decoder, I've been using and trying the OFDM
benchmark provided by  Veljko Pejovic
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2011-01/msg00391.html).
I've thought in using this decoder with the FTW encoder, assuming some
restrictions (keeping constant the OFDM coderegime in the tx side among
others) and configuring both encoder (FTW)/receiver (V. Pejovic) with
the same OFDM parameters (FFT length, number of occupied tones, CP
length, ...).

Do you think that it's a possible way to receive the OFDM packets
generated by FTW encoder? I'm not sure about this possibility.

Thank you for your time