[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: [USRP-users] UHD Announcement - February 25rd 201

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: [USRP-users] UHD Announcement - February 25rd 2011
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:02:53 -0500

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:
> -- re-clocking support
> Re-clocking support has been added to the API:
> http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/classuhd_1_1usrp_1_1multi__usrp.html#a99254abfa5259b70a020e667eee619b9
>
> On a USRP1 board, you can specify usrp->set_master_clock_rate(52e6) so
> that the driver knows to use 52MHz in its calculations. Note that this
> does not really modify the clock rate, it just informs the driver of the
> hardware changes.
>
> In contrast, when setting the clock rate on the usrp-e100, the driver
> will dynamically reprogram the registers on the clock generator to
> obtain the desired rate. See application notes:
> http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp_e1xx.html#changing-the-master-clock-rate

I've been getting the following error during make since I
changed the clock rate. Did I brick the FPGA? I can't seem to
find the special pass-through image anywhere.

  USRP-E100 clock control: VCO calibration timeout

Vitals:

  GNU C++ version 4.5.2 20101204 (prerelease); Boost_104100;
UHD_003.20110226000831.77641c6

  Linux version 2.6.35 (address@hidden) (gcc version 4.5.2 20101026
(prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Fri Nov 5 08:56:09 PDT 2010

  usrp_e100_fpga_compat3_feb_25.bin

  Thomas