Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] volk build issues on Cygwin, partial success

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] volk build issues on Cygwin, partial success
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 10:05:25 -0800

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 05:34, Moeller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Unfortunately, grc always tells me it's a "v3.3.1git-974-g942e2685" version,
> although I removed all traces of previous versions.
> Are the GRC version strings updated in the git versions?

Unfortunately, this is an artifact of how 'git describe' works, which
is what we use to calculate the version string on non-release
versions.  It finds the shortest path back to the last tag in the
tree.  When we merge from master -> next, the shortest path backwards
becomes the last tag in the master branch, which is '3.3.1git'.

I see if I can work out a way to fix this when we create the new
'next' branch after the 3.4.0 release.

Johnathan