Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-audio: one component to rule them all

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-audio: one component to rule them all
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:55:00 -0800

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 07:39, Alexandru Csete <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know how many of them there are, but the one who posted this
> can read my mind. I was thinking about exactly this problem wrt.
> creating a Funcube Dongle block that would encapsulate both audio and
> control interface. Thank you.

I was about to comment the same.  Aside from making your fcd work
easier, Josh's work will let us finally start adding some pure C++ GNU
Radio examples that use audio, such as the venerable dial_tone app.

(It has been possible to write GNU Radio applications and hierarchical
blocks in pure C++, without any Python, since the 3.2 release series.)

Once gr-audio gets some further testing, then is merged into the next
branch, we can immediately port the gnuradio-examples/python/audio
scripts to individual C++ apps in gnuradio-examples/c++/audio.

Thanks Josh!

Johnathan