Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] changing fpga's code

From: Euripedes Rocha Filho
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] changing fpga's code
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:24:00 -0300

Is possible to have a FFT using the cordic algorithm. At opencores you can get a configurable one. I used it some time ago but I don't remember the percentual of FPGA utilization, or the use of any multipliers.

Euripedes

2011/3/12 Matt Ettus <address@hidden>
On 03/11/2011 06:06 PM, Alaa Salaheldin wrote:
> SA
>     i'm working with USRP1 and i want to use only one transmitter ( 2
> duc ) and one receiver ( 2 ddc ) and delete the other modules to free
> some area on the chip so that i can implement a FFT to use it in
> frequency analysis , How could i do so ? and can i fit a FFT with
> 375-point in the freed area ?

The FPGA on the USRP1 does not have any multipliers.  You might be able
to make an FFT, but it would be quite slow.  The USRP N200 and E100 have
much bigger FPGAs which could be used to make an FFT.

Matt