Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Use of OpenGL in gr-qtgui

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Use of OpenGL in gr-qtgui
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 10:27:40 -0400

On 03/27/2011 03:01 AM, Josh Blum wrote:
> For me, the qtgui component seems to build without gl support (probably
> because of an uninstalled dependency). This gives you scope, dft,
> constellation, and 2d spectrogram.
>
> The processor overhead seems to be lower than the wx widgets sinks. That
> being said, there are some features missing that would add overhead,
> like extra traces and triggering modes.
>
> I believe there is also a 3d spectrogram if you build with gl support.
>
> -Josh

And while we're on the subject :-)

It would be good to be able to control update rate from GRC, right now,
it just uses the
  default.

Multiple-traces in "scope", and a "stripchart" mode would be good.
Actually without a multi-trace
  strip-chart, I can't consider migrating my current apps to the Qt-GUI
side.

How are multiple "tabs" (Notebook) supported from GRC on the Qt-GUI side?

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium