Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] laser and infrared

From: mrahaim
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] laser and infrared
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:37:59 -0400

I'm currently using GNU Radio for an application in Visible Light Communication, which has similarities to IR. Since both are IM/DD, I use the LFTX and LFRX daughter cards with USRP2's and I've been working on implementing some baseband modulation techniques. I was also able to test with some of the modulation schemes implemented in GNURadio using low frequency carriers ( < 10MHz ) and it has been working pretty well.

Basically, I'm using the USRP as a low cost A/D and D/A.

Michael Rahaim
Graduate Research Assistant
Smart Lighting Engineering Research Center
Boston University

Quoting Mohammad Hosein <address@hidden>:

can USRP be useful in a laser related R&D Project , in its vanilla form or
with a commercial/free additional board ? how about on Infrared ? its
appreciated if any of you guys can point me to possible existing works on
these two subjects based on USRP/GNU Radio