[Discuss-gnuradio] OSX audio source issue with higher sample rates

From: update lee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OSX audio source issue with higher sample rates
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 21:51:50 -0600

I just picked up a Funcube Dongle, its a USB audio device with a fixed sample rate of 96000. Im getting errors though when trying to access it using audio source, I set the samp_rate to 96000 but am getting errors

AudioUnitRender
  Error# -10863 ('AudioUnitRender
  Error# -10863 ('
  osx/audio_osx_source.cc:791

Ive noticed that I can use the LineIn upto 44100 (using Audio MIDI Setup) then I get the same errors, the FCD has a fixed sample rate so I dont have the option of using something smaller. Setting the sample rate in gnuradio doesnt seem to set the sample rate of the input as I would have thought, it just needs to be set to match whatever the input is currently set to already.

I know the device is working fine in OSX as I can use audacity to record a sample and save to WAV, then use a WAV source in gnuradio to playback the sample without issue.

Im using the latest git master branch of gnuradio. Im using 10.6.7 on my macbook.

Chris Lee
VE6UDL