Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 11:07:54 -0700

> Josh, is the Windows build that's being discussed here based on your cmake

yes indeed

> branch? I'm wondering how easily you've found it to keep it up to date with
> the rest of the changes in GNU Radio master? I imagine it's not terribly
> difficult for most things, but possibly that my latest changes to gr-qtgui
> might have been a bit more challenging since the directory structure was
> changed.

it was ok, I had to move the cmake files after the merge, add entries
for the new files and the api export macro for the new classes in utils.

> It also seems like you're working out the last bugs in the installation
> process, now, too, and have been making gains with your installer (going

I did figure out how to get a nice configuration page in the installer
that asks you if it should set the PATH just by adding the line

It looks like I will have to figure out a little more NSIS magic to set

> towards the mega-installer). I'm just throwing this out there to see what
> people think, but I'm thinking we should host this on the main GNU Radio
> website, too. Also, we can probably clean up the Windows build section of
> the Wiki based on your work.

I would rather put my notes on the redmine wiki, but I don't want to be