Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Agile Solutions is Pleased to announce USRP STAR.

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Agile Solutions is Pleased to announce USRP STAR. Yet another addition to GNURADIO
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 21:23:56 -0700

On 04/19/2011 01:10 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> Dear Matt,
>
> We honestly went through every material in search on Google but we
> couldn't locate a single article published successful testing for
> STBC/SFBC.
>
> For whatever reason, we would like to know, if you can confirm on this
> with your lab setup ?
> We have done considerable experimental work on this. And we are certain
> with the results we have have found.
> We would encourage this exploration in best interest of all from your
> end.
>
> Thank you.

Dear Mr. Solutions,

All USRP systems can do STBC, SFBC, spatial multiplexing, etc.  I've
said it multiple times and pointed you to multiple sources.  Steve
Peters told you he and the Hydra team at UT have done it.  I have seen
it done.  I have done it myself.  Our customers have been doing it for 6
years now.  The WARP boards from Rice do it in the exact same way.
Millions of WiFi systems do it the same way.

Page 4, section 4 of the following paper says the same thing:

http://newport.eecs.uci.edu/~hyousefi/publ/lamacGC09.pdf

"Our experiments rely on a MANET testbed in
which each test node consists of a host PC and a USRP
motherboard hosting a pair of frontend RF daughter boards.
Since each daughter board is attached to a single antenna,
each MANET node is equipped with a pair of antennas. When
transmitting, each MANET node utilizes Space-Time Block
Coding (STBC) method of [23]. "

I don't know what more I could possibly say.  No matter how many times
you ask the question, the answer will always be the same.  Just because
*you* couldn't get it to work doesn't mean it's impossible.

Matt Ettus