Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "ImportError: No module named myblock" when gener

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "ImportError: No module named myblock" when generating py file in GRC
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:47:57 -0700

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 08:37 +0800, Yulong Yang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried both python -c "import..." and echo $. I see the path to my
> folder in both of them. But it still says ImportError in top_block.py.
> Where exactly should the path direct to? I tried both "~/gnuradio" and
> "~/gnuradio/myblock".
>
> When you say __init__.py do you mean the one in sub-folder "python"? I
> find this comment in that file: # The presence of this file turns this
> directory into a Python package.
>
> I am wondering where I could see the declare of my module.

How did you create your project? Did you use
"create-gnuradio-out-of-tree-project myblock"? If you did, you should be
able to:

cd myblock
./bootstrap
./configure
make
sudo make install

and then
python -c "import myblock"

Otherwise, you're going to have to go into the howto-write-a-block
directory which you cloned, and edit the SWIG stuff to change all the
"howto" references to "myblock", and that is going to be a pain. Try
re-creating your project using create-gnuradio-out-of-tree-project, it's
the recommended way to start your own block project.

--n