Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD: trouble configuring multiple RX channels rel

From: Michael Dev
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD: trouble configuring multiple RX channels reliably
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 16:43:20 -0700

On your USRP1 issue. I found some reset registers that weren't being
poked in UHD that were poked by gnuradio-usrp. The change didnt seem to
harm anything for me. Does this help with any of the flakiness you see?
http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/repository/show?rev=usrp1_init_resets

Thanks,
-Josh

(MD) OK, I will give a shot later. Please note that the flakiness is on both USRP1 and E100 whenever I use UHD. To recap and add a little more detail, the problem is that:
A: Restarting my app often gives me unrecognizable/dirty rx samples. Once I get a clean signal, it seems to stay that way until I happen to restart my app.
B: UHD config calls sometimes hang and I have to power cycle.
Thanks for your support.

Michael
Mixed results. The bad: It made things worse in that, for dual channel rx, I can get a clean signal for only once after power cycle -- it never gives me a good signal if I restart my app. (For single channel rx, it restarts fine.)  The good: I haven't encountered a hang during my brief test, so it's possible the hang problem may have been mitigated with the patch.

Michael