Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about the qt frequency display.

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about the qt frequency display.
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 10:03:47 -0400

On 02/05/2011 9:50 AM, Stefan Gofferje wrote:

I was more thinking in GRC categories. You know, make display_rf_freqs a
parameter like sample rate or center frequency of the block which can be
changed by another block which is a Qt radiobutton.

I think what Tom is indicating is that all of the parameters that could reasonably be set at runtime will be manifested as
  methods on the basic objects offered in the Qt GUI stuff.

Once you have that, then the GRC objects can manifest many/all of them when you create the object from the "palette". GRC uses XML descriptor objects to describe underlying Gnu Radio objects, and those XML descriptors define which underlying Python object methods are called when you change a parameter like "frequency" or "display RF frequency" or "change my underwear".

I think all of this will come out as a result of the significant re-structuring of the existing Qt GUI object into distinct objects, instead of
  the "megaobject" that is currently implemented.