Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] qam constellation problem

From: Brook Lin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] qam constellation problem
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 09:36:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are right. Currently, I am seeing the
transmitter side.

Now, I understand that the constellation after the root raised cosine filter
is a kind of "fuzzy" due to the ISI. But if I observe the constellation from
the data saved by chunks2symbols.dat, which is before the rrc filter,
shouldn't I see clear 8 dots without ISI? Because when I observe the
constellation for dqpsk before the rrc filter, there are four clear points,
which is attached along with this message. Do I understand right that there
is no ISI at the stage self.chunks2symbols =
gr.chunks_to_symbols_bc(rotated_const)  but there is ISI at the stage
self.rrc_filter = gr.interp_fir_filter_ccf(self._samples_per_symbol,
self.rrc_taps)? So could you please help me explain that why I got four
clear points for dqpsk but "fuzzy" 8 points for qam8 before rrc filter and
after self.chunks2symbols?

Thanks so much,
Brook

http://old.nabble.com/file/p31639677/dqpsk_before_filter.png