[Discuss-gnuradio] To implement WiMAX with GnuRadio or not?

From: Alexander Chemeris
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] To implement WiMAX with GnuRadio or not?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 23:50:52 +0400

Hi community,

Our WiMAX Scanner project (http://code.google.com/p/wimax-scanner/)
approaches the moment when we should start writing C/C++ code - our
Matlab model decodes broadcast messages from all recordings we have on
hands.

At this point we have to make a choice - rely on GnuRadio or create
our own framework. Until recently I was sure would create our own
framework, but recent discussions on this list made me think GnuRadio
may be an option. So, I'm looking for the community help with the the
following questions:

1) How well is GnuRadio suited for packet data processing? WiMAX is
essentially a packet-oriented system.

2) We don't want to use Python. Is there anything we can't do without
it? And where can we find examples of C++-only flowgraphs?

3) Right now all our code is open-source, but we must leave an option
for proprietary plugins. How can we make this possible?

4) Related to (3) - how can we make sure our protocol stack can be
embedded into a closed-source application/system?

PS I have heavy travel schedule these days and a lot of other duties,
so please excuse me is I respond slow.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.