Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronization issue with multiple USRPs

From: David Evans
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronization issue with multiple USRPs
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 06:56:54 -0700 (PDT)

This has never been clear to me!
What about the phase ambiguity due to the fractional-N VCO's, as Marcus has
mentioned?

This has to be calibrated out, yes/no?, but how?, unless after a retune you
then

TX a calibration sequence that you can correlate against and correct. But after
this, then, do you really need to accurately wait for a PPS? It's just stuff in
the buffer, with the computational overhead of alignment.
Basically, how do you compensate for the ambiguity? (maybe it doesn't matter
and

I'm probably talking rubbish :-/ )

Cheers,

David