[Discuss-gnuradio] Unexpected energy peak sensing thermal noise and usin

From: Lebowski80
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unexpected energy peak sensing thermal noise and using usrp_spectrum_sense.py
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 08:51:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone

I’m using an USRP with a XCVR2450 daughter board working at 2.4 - 2.5 GHz. I
want to find a threshold between thermal noise and signals energy using the
script usrp_spectrum_sense.py and sensing from 2.400 GHz to 2.500 GHz. To do
that, I replaced the WiFi antenna with a resistor of 50 Ω to measure the
noise. I obtained a very strange peak at the beginning of the bandwidth
(around 2.405 GHz) and this result was totally unexpected because I supposed
to sense only thermal noise without any particular peak. So, I repeated the
experiment from 2.420 GHz to 2.500 GHz and I achieved the same peak always
at the beginning of the bandwidth (in this case around 2.425 GHz).
Therefore, I'm quite sure this is a problem linked to USRP or to the script
usrp_spectrum_sense.py, isn’t it? Can someone give me a hint about that
please?

Regards