Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [RFC] Add a cyclic extender to gr

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [RFC] Add a cyclic extender to gr
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 14:42:21 +0100

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Igor Almeida <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I have been familiarizing myself with the inner guts of gnuradio and
hacked together the attached patch, applied to tag v3.3.0. It is an
extended version of gr_ofdm_cyclic_prefixer which can add cyclic
suffix and symbol overlapping, which is used in VDSL/2 standards, and
it is named gr_dmt_cyclic_extender.
I would very much appreciate your comments on the code style and any
nitpicks you may have. The commit message also explicits a problem I
encountered during coding: I believe I need some kind of "done" signal
to send whatever is stored in the block's "memory". How should one
solve this in gnuradio?

There is also a git repository at
git://gitorious.org/~igoralmeida/gnuradio/igoralmeida-gnuradio.git
with the code applied directly to master, but I'm probably missing
some python dev files as gnuradio does not build.

Cheers

--
Igor Almeida

Igor,
Thanks for this. I will hopefully get a chance to look at it sometime next week.

Tom