Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Are there any Gnuradio Events?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Are there any Gnuradio Events?
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:34:22 -0400

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:57 AM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
Sure, there's the upcoming GNU Radio conference :)
SCNR...

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 01:28:51PM -0500, Brett L. Trotter wrote:
> Lets say you have a GUI app that has a fixed runtime determined by a
> head block set to (sample_rate * n_seconds). Currently, the gui keeps
> running. Is there an OnShutdown or some function I can override to catch
> the flowgraph completion? Worst case, can I set up a loop thread to
> check tb.is_running or something to that effect?

tb.wait() is a blocking function, so you could use that to create a
trigger for your own event.

MB

Yes, there is no event generated that you can look for (unless Eric has sneaked something in there that I haven't seen or heard of, which is not completely out of the question). I'd take Martin's advice and have your own watcher thread that waits on the flowgraph completion and then does whatever it is you need it to do.

Tom