[Discuss-gnuradio] Freezing when running build-gnuradio

From: Songsong Gee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Freezing when running build-gnuradio
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:11:46 +0900

I have some difficulties on installing gnuradio and companion with uhd
After struggling with uhd, people advised me to use pre-made build-gnuradio script
(http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio in http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/BuildGuide)
However, when I run this script with superuser authority (script says to do it) i.e. sudo ./build-gnuradio
A result comes as follow:

==========
This script will install Gnu Radio from current GIT sources
You will require Internet access from the computer on which this
script runs. You will also require SUDO access. You will require
approximately 500MB of free disk space to perform the build.

This script will, as a side-effect, remove any existing Gnu Radio
installation that was installed from your Linux distribution packages.
It must do this to prevent problems due to interference between
a linux-distribution-installed Gnu Radio/UHD and one installed from GIT source.

The whole process may take up to two hours to complete, depending on the
capabilities of your system.
Proceed?y
SUDO privileges are required
Do you have SUDO privileges?y
Continuing with script
Installing pre-prequisites...

I think that it seems to be frozen after prompting 'Installing pre-prequisites...'
I have been waiting around several hours.
And it does not seem to read or write hard drive, HDD LED doesn't blink which indicates that script does something on HDD.

I use Ubuntu 10.10 with VMWare Workstation. Please somebody help me :)

--
Seokseong Jeon (aka Songsong Gee)