Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Website update

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Website update
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 01:11:08 -0400

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 11:58, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are updating our server today. Everything should be up and running during this process, but I am locking both git and the website to prevent and changes during the update process. Everything should be back to normal later today.

Just FYI we've had some issues with the migration that we expect to sort out in morning, Tom and I will keep you posted.

Johnathan

Johnathan and I finished the website and server migration process today. We are now running up-to-date versions of all of the main software services we rely on. One thing this means to you is that the website should be a bit more functional. It has a few new features and it feels better and faster. It also corrects the bug on the last server that was preventing us from adding new people to the website (of course, our guest account is always available for editing and adding stuff).

Your Redmine accounts should now all be active again. Also, git using both the git:// and http:// should be functional for everyone.

If you for some reason find yourself on the old website, you can directly use http://shannon.gnuradio.org/redmine. To see if you are not using the new site, yet, look at the copyright date at the bottom of the page. If it says "Redmine (c) 2006-2009", you're still using the old server. This is most likely due to caching by your ISP and will be worked out shortly.

All services should be up and running as usual. Of course, let us know about any problems.

Thanks a ton to Johnathan Corgan in this process. We had quite a weekend making sure the transition of all data and services occurred smoothly. This was an update that was a long time coming, and I definitely wouldn't have been able to do this on my own.

Tom