[Discuss-gnuradio] cannot import name VERSION

From: Randy Westlund
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot import name VERSION
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 17:03:28 -0400

Hi guys,

I have gnuradio and gnuradio-companion installed, but I get the following error when I try to run grc:

address@hidden:~$ grc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/grc", line 33, in <module>
    from gnuradio.grc import VERSION
ImportError: cannot import name VERSION

My system was working just fine at one point, but it started throwing this error overnight.  I reinstalled gnuradio and rebuilt the library tarball, but after a day or so, the error came up again.  Now when I reinstall, I get hit with this right away.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Randy