Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX CW transmit problem

From: Ales Povalac
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX CW transmit problem
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 10:08:39 +0200

Hi Matt,

thanks for the answer. The problem is not in analyzer setup. Using
large RBW and zero span, it acts as an envelope demodulator and shows
the signal in time domain. Since I used the USRP2 to generate CW
signal only (I=1, Q=0, constant in time), there should be stable
transmitted power over the time. This works well on most frequencies
but not always in the 900MHz band.

It seems like a problem with AGC of ADL5386. RF signal at MODOUT is
nice and its level is stable. Voltage levels at U501/VSET and
U501/VREF are constant. The voltage at U501/VDET_VCTL is oscillating
with the same shape as the RF signal envelope (obviously, it is also
the input of the attenuator).

Regards,
Ales