Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in installing GnuRadio by script.

From: sumitstop
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in installing GnuRadio by script.
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 13:19:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Marcus..a nice thing...

I did some manipulation in your script and it worked.

first I omitted the function "firmware" .. saved it and then ran the script.
then I downloaded the images from
http://www.ettus.com/downloads/uhd_releases/master_images/ (the .tar file)
then I extracted it and copied the image folder into /usr/local/share/uhd/
then I did chmod 644 thing there (as was written in the script) i.e. chmod
644 /usr/local/share/uhd/images/*

and everything was great.. now i have a gnuradio in my system without any
error :)

so finally done.... haaaahhh  :)
thanks a lot for the script.

Marcus D. Leech wrote:

>> Yes indeed our institute has transparent web cache to decrease the load
>> on
>> network.I can't say whether its flushing properly or not.I will try
>> installing it tomorrow with a separate connection.
>> But how is this related to the errors I am getting ......
> Sometimes "transparent web caches" aren't so transparent.  Updates to
> the downstream actual website aren't
>    always tracked correctly.
>
> So when the "firmware" paragraph trys to fetch stuff, the web cache
> delivers an incomplete version of the target
>    website--the firmware is fetched using "wget" to an http://  URL, so
> your webcache will definitely be involved.
>

> --
> Marcus Leech
> Principal Investigator
> Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium