[Discuss-gnuradio] I cannot do > 16.67Msps, but this is progress

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] I cannot do > 16.67Msps, but this is progress
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 22:56:40 -0400

I've managed to construct a flow-graph that carves off 4 channels, at
16.67Msps, with final channel
   width adjustable up to 500kHz.  I settled on a hierarchy of filters,
starting with a fairly-sloppy
   frequency-translating filter for each channel with decimation 16,
then two more
   stages of filtering/decimation. This allows me to do most of what I
want with an input channel
   bandwidth of 16.67Mhz, with four output channels.   It takes about
78% of my 6-core,
   2.8GHz Phenom II system to do this, but it's very great progress.

Apart from some GUI controls, and more parameterizing of the flow-graph,
and replacing the NULL
 sinks with filesinks, this is the meat of a 4-channel power estimator.

I'm pretty sure that if I upgraded to a Core i7 980X, from a wimpy AMD
1055T, I'd be able to do
  much more, but this is pretty good for a system that was assembled for
under $500.00.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium