[Discuss-gnuradio] Where to Start?

From: dave
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where to Start?
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 15:35:57 -0500

Hello,

I am using the USRP(1): is there a better place to start than the "exploring
gnu radio" page here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/exploring-gnuradio.html

It has many problems as you know.  I found a page on joshknows.com:
http://www.joshknows.com/gnuradio

...this clears up the gr.flow_graph() error (should be gr.top_block() ), but
can find no info on getting the mc4020 FM tuner example to work.  That is a
shame as it was interesting.  I'm not sure where to go.

For now I will continue reading this and then try the "how to write a signal
block" page.

My ultimate goal is to emulate 802.15.4 in USRP (which has been done before)
and test some variations in the MAC layer.  For now, I just need to learn
gnuradio though!

-Dave