Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd installer(build-gnuradio) got stuck

From: Abhishek Gupta
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd installer(build-gnuradio) got stuck
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:19:38 -0400

Hi Josh,

I am not sure if that component was enabled or not. Since while installing gnuradio I didn't see that they specified enabling this component. So last night I tried running the build-gnuradio script( http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio ) without prereqs and let it build/install uhd and gnuradio. Since that script suppose to install both the components, I assumed that it will take care of enabling gr-uhd. After installation was done, I was still getting the same message:
ImportError: cannot import name uhd

If gr-uhd need to enable manually, can anyone tell me how to do it?
Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks,
Abhi.

Josh Blum wrote:
After installation, when we tried importing uhd in python, we get this
message:

from gnuradio import uhd

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name uhd

So I thought I may have missed something while installing uhd and so I tried
installing it with the script.
Do I need to install any other module

Did you install gnuradio with the gr-uhd component enabled?

-Josh