Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd installer(build-gnuradio) got stuck

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd installer(build-gnuradio) got stuck
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:47:29 -0500

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:19:38AM -0400, Abhishek Gupta wrote:

> I am not sure if that component was enabled or not. Since while
> installing gnuradio I didn't see that they specified enabling this
> component. So last night I tried running the build-gnuradio script(
> http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio ) without prereqs and let it
> build/install uhd and gnuradio. Since that script suppose to install
> both the components, I assumed that it will take care of enabling
> gr-uhd. After installation was done, I was still getting the same message:
> ImportError: cannot import name uhd
>
> If gr-uhd need to enable manually, can anyone tell me how to do it?
> Is there anything else I could try?

  I recently upgraded my ubuntu to 10.10 and built gnuradio using the
build-gnuradio script. I had a problem with the actual build of uhd
because of an old boost that was found in place of the current one.
I deleted the old boost built under /usr/local and then uhd built OK.
You may need to check for remnants of old code for uhd or prerequisites.

--
LRK
gr-user . ovillatx.sytes.net