[Discuss-gnuradio] Losing samples in the flowgraph

From: Michael Höin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing samples in the flowgraph
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 13:07:36 +0200

Hi all

I think my program loses samples. If I choose for the input of my
flowgraph a file source with a throttle (Rate = 2 MSamples) and for the
output a vector sink, I see in the output vector that samples are loss
(every run differnet datas were loss). The CPU usage is only 40 Percent.

If I reduce the throttle rate to 30 percent. Less or no samples are
loss.

Every test of my blocks were successful and if I start the Flowgraph no
errors occur.

I used this command:
sudo sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=50000000

I modified the limits.conf file and added this line to the graph:
gr.enable_realtime_scheduling()

I tested the graph with different computers (Ubuntu 10.10) and with the
latest git code. The problem occurs always.

I have no more ideas what the problem could be. Had somebody the same
problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Michael