Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Plotting Data Received by USRP

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Plotting Data Received by USRP
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:59:23 -0400

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:57 PM, valentac <address@hidden> wrote:

That's what i'm doing now. The vector_source i'm using is correctly updating
itself if I check the value, but it seems that the updated vector_source
isn't being passed to the plotter_sink (when I connect the source to the
plotter sink).

Josh suggested the use of message source/sink, not the vector source/sinks that you are currently using. Two different things. The vector source and sink are meant more for testing and debugging while the message source and sink are designed to handle exactly your situation in a running program.

Look through the benchmark_rx code we have. The framer at the end of the receive chain is a message sink, actually, and we get the messages in a callback function in the Python world. You would have to set up a message source to listen for the messages and process them farther from there.

Tom