Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP for two way ranging

From: Colby Boyer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP for two way ranging
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:49:36 -0700

You would need a very very accurate real time guarantee on how long it would take to process/detect an echo, and then to respond to it. To my knowledge the GNURadio framework cannot make that guarantee, in general. I would not try to depend on getting an accurate time for signal processing delay and Linux delay.

Look at the UHD driver and see if you can be creative with the driver calls. That is your best bet, honestly. With UHD you can schedule clock accurate transmit bursts and receive bursts.

--Colby