[Discuss-gnuradio] cmake build

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] cmake build
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:07:15 -0400

And another thing...

We are looking at possibly moving from autotools to cmake. In many
ways, cmake looks like it will simply many of our build issues and
actually solve others. Josh Blum has been doing outstanding work in
converting the GNU Radio build system over to using cmake, and we
really need testers to chip away at any of the bugs. Specifically, we
have tested it on some modern OSes, but we want ot make sure that it
covers most (if not all) of our customer base (I'm sorry, but if it
come down to it, I'm willing to let the VAX users go...).

Find the instructions to start working on it here:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/CMakeWork

Please post both positive and negative experiences so that we know not
only what to fix, but it will also let us know what systems are
working.

Thanks!
Tom