[Discuss-gnuradio] sorry to re_post: audio_alsa_sink[hw:0]: Device or re

From: Qin Jian
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] sorry to re_post: audio_alsa_sink[hw:0]: Device or resource busy
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 01:16:14 -0400

Sorry to post again.
As it was my first time to post on mail list, I didn't know how to reply messages in mail list, so I have to start a new thread and using this stupid way.

When I want to connect the signal to the sound card, an error occurs as below:
---------------------------------------
audio_alsa_sink[hw:0]: Device or resource busy
RuntimeError: audio_alsa_sink
I want the signal to be output to the sound card, but the card is in use.
I tried lsof|grep /snd and kill -TERM the process in using sound card pulseaudio, but doesn't work.
Then I uninstalled the pulseaudio but the problem remains.

I also tried to set the sound sink device name to be: hw:0 / pulse / plughw:0,0
none works.

Any suggestion?
And in last thread, Alex asked about:"access the ALSA interface with any other audio application". I could run alsamixer and I could listen mp3 using Totem Movie Player on Ubuntu.

So, what next?
Thanks.

Qin Jian