Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fw: Follow: Asteroid 2005 YU55 November 8

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fw: Follow: Asteroid 2005 YU55 November 8
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 22:37:16 -0400

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Patrik Tast <address@hidden> wrote:
More info,

Arecibo transmits LCP at 2.380 GHz (S-band), so most of the
returned signal will be in RCP.

As part of our observational campaign, we have prepared an informal
website that lists Goldstone and Arecibo schedules for this asteroid.
The website is available at:

Please let us know if you detect echoes from 2005 YU55.  To date,
radar echoes from near-Earth asteroids have never been detected by
such small dishes.

Patrik

Really neat stuff, Patrik. Let us know if you get anything!

Tom