Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] status of stream tags

From: Feng Andrew Ge
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] status of stream tags
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:55:22 -0400

Josh, thanks for the information. Where can I get those few implementations using stream tags?

Andrew

On 09/21/2011 12:31 PM, Josh Blum wrote:

On 09/21/2011 09:10 AM, Feng Andrew Ge wrote:
Josh,

I noticed that there are many useful commands enabled by UHD. For
example, they are used in uhd/host/examples in C++. I am wondering
whether we have correspondence in Python. In particular, can I initiate
the stream command in python?

I'd like to start GNU Radio, initiate USRP through UHD (which is
connected to some GNU Radio blocks), then do some examples similar to
those in uhd/host/examples, including latency_test.cpp. Would you kindly
offer any suggestions regarding the above setting?

Take a look at gr-uhd/include. You can call all those API functions from
python. However streaming is taken over by the gnuradio scheduler.

To handle tasks involving metadata you will need to use "stream tags".
We have not pulled stream tags functionality into mainline gr-uhd yet,
but there are a few implementations around... This might be a useful
discussion to bring to the gnuradio mailing list.

-josh