Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] different CPU loads with 2 similar GRC graphs

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] different CPU loads with 2 similar GRC graphs
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:00:48 -0700

Well, in answer to question 1, you don't need a throttle to avoid system instability. You really use the throttle to keep your computer from becoming entirely unresponsive when you have multiple threads with high priority running simultaneously as fast as they can.

I don't know the answer to question 2 -- I suspect to find the answer you're going to have to do some deep hunting in the scheduler.

--n