Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP network based spectrum analyzer

From: Phelps Williams
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP network based spectrum analyzer
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:09:48 -0700

Thanks Marcus!

I took your idea and ran with it but encountered a funny issue.  I'm slightly confused about the output of the logpwrfft (which is giving me the output of gr_fft_vcc).  I've been assuming that logpwrfft returns a vector of amplitudes in dB for each fft bin.  Lets say my fft size is 1024, I'm assuming vector index 0 is the lowest frequency and vector index 1023 is the maximum frequency.  In plotting these values it appears to be something different.

I can only guess vector index 0 is the center frequency, index 511 is the max frequency and index 512 is the min frequency.  Digging around gr_fft_vcc and I didn't see an obvious answer.  Any insight into what the fft is doing here?  Thanks!

-Phelps