Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC Polyphase Channelizer examples?

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC Polyphase Channelizer examples?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:18:11 -0400

On 10/13/2011 09:11 PM, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
Is there a (hopefully simple) example of using the polyphase channelizer block in grc?

I'm trying to do a simple case of dividing a 250 kHz wide stream from USRP into a small number (initially 4) of contiguous channels. Given my generally ignorant status, I'm stumped on setting the parameters.

e.g. --

(a) is the "taps" param an integer or is it a firdes function as in the xlating FIR filter?

(b) what is the oversample param used for?

(c) what is the sample rate of each of the output channels -- it doesn't appear to be the same at the sample rate at the input, or alternatively my parameters are so far off that what's coming out of the thing is absolute junk (when I feed it into a USRP sink set to 250ksamples, I get screens of underruns).

Thanks,

John

If it's only 250Khz wide, and you only need four, have you tried 4 discrete freq-xlating FIR filters? They're fairly easy to use, and can
  produce a baseband output at a decimated rate.

I haven't yet figured out how to use the polyphase channelizer because I almost never have the N equi-spaced channels problem in my fields of interest. So, discrete filters it is (sometimes a hierarchy of discrete filters).

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator