Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal Seperation

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal Seperation
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:40:39 +0200

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 08:51:40PM -0400, Raullen Chai wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Could somebody give me some tips and help on the following problem? Really
> appreciated!
>

> The input signal is b1(t)*sin(f1*t) + b2(t)*sin(f2*t), where f1 and f2 are
> close but different,  and b1(t) and b2(t) are two different square waves
> with different period.
>
> After the USRP down coverts this wave to the baseband, the two modulated sine
> waves are mixed. How could I extract b2(t) or b1(t) respectively?

How close are they with respect to the period length of the square
waves? If they are easily separated 'visually' in an FFT of the duration
of one pulse, you should be fine with filtering. Try a different filter,
with steeper flanks. Don't worry about doing something extreme, you will
only distort your phase which doesn't seem important.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)