Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error running benchmark_tx.py from "next" branch

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error running benchmark_tx.py from "next" branch
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:06:03 -0700

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Nowlan, Sean <address@hidden> wrote:

I tried with the E100’s actual address and the loopback address (127.0.0.1) and both worked. I should also say it’s a bit confusing to call the command line switch “--address” when it’s actually handling the arguments the same way as uhd_find_devices, etc. handle the “--args” switch. For instance, I also got it to run with --address=”type=e100”. Also it’d be nice (but not necessary) to have the program automatically detect if it’s an E100 since it will never be controlling devices other than itself.

Sean

You're right about the address-->args thing. I started doing all of this on a USRP N210, so it was always the systems IP address for me, so that's what it became. Now, to remember all of the places where I did it and correct for it...

As for the auto-detection, I suppose it's possible to tap into the UHD's find_devices feature and just default to the first one it finds as opposed to a static default. I'll talk with Josh about doing this.

Tom