Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New build structure! (Warning #2)

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New build structure! (Warning #2)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:34:14 -0700

Also, because i use gentoo, I earlier had to give the QWT dir in order for gnuradio to build gr-qtgui, the cmake now writes:
-- Could NOT find Qwt (missing: QWT_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Configuring gr-qtgui support...
-- Dependency Boost_FOUND = TRUE
-- Dependency QT4_FOUND = YES
-- Dependency QWT_FOUND = FALSE
-- Dependency ENABLE_GR_CORE = ON
-- Dependency PYTHONLIBS_FOUND = TRUE
-- Dependency PYQT4_FOUND = TRUE
-- Disabling gr-qtgui support.
-- Override with -DENABLE_GR_QTGUI=ON/OFF

Seeing as i have qwt in version 5.2.0 I find this weird.
(I do not however have pyqwt (it is masked in gentoo), could this be the actual error?)

Paul -

I run Arch Linux, and have similar troubles with QWT.  One of the main issues is that QWT is not bundled in a way that makes it easy to work with (it lacks a package-config file, etc.,) - which makes it hard for build toolchains to find it consistently on all Linux OSes.  As a result, I almost always have to manually pass in the location of QWT.

Anyway, you mentioned that you used to pass it in manually.  Did you try doing that here, by adding your QWT install directory to CMake's search path?

Cheers,
Ben