Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't link against libgnuradio-core (cmake)

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't link against libgnuradio-core (cmake)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:09:52 -0700

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 15:44, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

Basically, the build system is generating .la files for each library
using this macro: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMakeMacroLibtoolFile
I dont know why we are doing this or why we want it.

If you link against libraries in the normal way, everything should be
fine. So my best guess is that the generated la files are confusing for
autotools.

Try deleting the la files. You can also turn the generation off w/
-DLIBRARY_EXTRAS=OFF

You're right, I don't think the .la files are necessary for linking against when using cmake.

Johnathan