[Discuss-gnuradio] UMTS scanner

From: Miguel Sanz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UMTS scanner
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 14:59:26 +0100

Hi!
I am trying to implement an UMTS uplink scanner with GRC. My purpose is to detect the activity of channels by sensing the spectrum and comparing the measured power against a certain threshold. The blocks that I am using are:
uhd_usrp_source--->root raised cosine filter-------power squelch------rms--------log10-------filesink

So far I am just attempting to calculate rssi values on a specific channel, and save them into a file using the above chain. but the file that is created after the whole chain is unreadable in Matlab or Octave.

There must be something wrong in the chain of blocks, but I cannot see it. Any comments are welcome!

Br,

Miguel