[Discuss-gnuradio] Simulation of TX_path

From: Paul M. Bendixen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simulation of TX_path
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 10:08:03 +0100

Hello all
In order to simulate the Tx path in the FPGA we need to get a few things clarified.

How is the interpolation rate chosen with a known Sample rate and Transmission frequency.
I am using an N210 and i know how the  Interpolations rates are used in “%root/host/lib/usrp/cores/tx_dsp_core_200.cpp
Where the filters are enabled, but where does it get the interpolation value from, and what about the interpolation value of the DAC, this is set to 1 or 4 depending on (freq/tickrate) .

When i select a sample rate and carrier frequency  in GNU radio, what is the corresponding tick rate, Interpolation rate and DAC settings.
What are the formulas for this, or where precisely can i get this information?

Futhermore i want to know if the tickrate mentioned in the code is the CLK signal for the  FPGA  running at 100MHz. This is not clear to me because this is somehow connected to “master clock rate”. And this is only documented as avalible if Hardware changes have been made, see
“root/host/include/uhd/usrp/multi_usrp.hpp”

We are getting lost in the massive amount of undocumented and uncommented Verilog and C++ code.

Best
Paul M. B.

--