Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on using USRP sink/sources in GNU Radio

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on using USRP sink/sources in GNU Radio recent release
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:27:45 -0800

> However, as I had attempted earlier installs, some old files remain. My

I recommend cleaning out old installations before reinstalling gnuradio.
Not doing so has caused many problems.

> question is: are the files provided in the following list already
> deprecated? The majority of them include "from gnuradio import usrp" or
> "from gnuradio import usrp2" string in their header, and I have confirmed
> even the most basic example listed in http://www.joshknows.com/gnuradio

I will update my website. That page is very "stale".

> (See USRP Examples) fails. So, is there a recommended way to modify these
> python files to use the UHD driver instead of (missing?) USRP or USRP2

I believe all USRP1 examples have been modified for UHD in the current
master.

> blocks? If these files will not be needed anymore (as UHD supercedes
> USRP), why keep them around on public websites? But if they have any

Well, I can only update my website and the gnuradio wiki. Theres a lot
of websites out there...

Cheers!
-Josh