[Discuss-gnuradio] About threshold value in digital_correlate_access_cod

From: Songsong Gee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] About threshold value in digital_correlate_access_code_bb in gr-digital
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 02:26:58 +0900

I got a question about threshold value in digital_correlate_access_code_bb in gr-digital while testing benchmark_xx.py

threshold is set to 12 by default,
However, if I use threshold=12, it never calls callback function
Thus, I changed this value with larger value, like 24, 36, 64...
And then callback function is invoked, but not successfully (means, ok = False, not True is printed by benchmark_rx.py)
I think this threshold is a kind of a tolerance value when a system extracts data from a signal (packet)
So, Does it permit up to (threshold) wrong bits out of a length of access code, or a length of a packet?
Therefore, the lower threshold means the lower tolerance, is that right?

The question is,
if a recovered data has lots of wrong bits than this tolerance,
What things happen so that it cannot invoke callback function?

Of course, I can invoke the callback by modifying threshold,
but it also causes the unsuccessful packet reception.

--
Seokseong Jeon, PhD Candidate
Communication & Networks Lab