Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using PPS to trigger received data storage in Pyt

From: Yan Nie
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using PPS to trigger received data storage in Python
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:23:39 -0500

Thank you so much for your suggestions, Josh.

Your suggestion on solving the problem I met is absolutely creative. Thank you
so much!

I have more further detailed questions related:
get_time_last_pps gives a timespec representing the last pps, while how can I
obtain the stream tags from the my down stream block? Can I get the stream tags
in Python, as from a post on my gnuradio discuss list, stream tags
functionality had not pulled into mainline gr-uhd yet until this Sep.?

Then combine these two timespec together to control which samples would be
stored. I am using the file_sink block to create a data file and store the data
in. If using these timespec information to store the samples, I think it needs
to correspond the certain stream tags when pps pulse occurs (timespec given by
get_time_last_pps) to the exact sample stored in the data file created by
file_sink. Therefore, I am wondering how this stream tags correspond to data
samples in the data file, as the data file only stores data samples from my
understanding?