Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 21:56:54 -0500

On 12/01/2011 09:36 PM, Muhammad Rosli wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for reading my mail. I would like to ask is there any additional setup or configuration required to execute benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py?

My problem is I tried to initiate simple communication between two USRP1 using benchmark_rx.py and benchmark_tx.py . I had browse through the mailing list looking on how to use the file appropriately. Running benchmark_tx.py also execute help which I follow closely but failed to receive any packets. If I tried to execute at transmitter:

benchmark_tx.py -f 400M -S 10

and at receiver

benchmark_rx.py -f 400M -S 10

I did not received packet status. I only received '0' in the terminal. Is it correspond to error?

I also read mailing list sent by other members but none mentioned about not able to execute benchmark_tx.py . If I missed any post, could anyone please provide me the link.

For additional information:
Gnuradio version used: v3.5.0rc0
USRP1 : revision 4
Ubuntu: 11.10
Daugtherboard: SBX

Please let me know if I had to provide any additional information.

--
Regards,
Muhammad b Rosli

You're asking for 10 samples per symbol, which may exceed the rate at which your receiver computer can keep up, depending on
  the modulation used, and the complexity of the modulation techniques.  Are you using the narrowband or ofdm examples?

The 'O' means overrun.  The hardware (USRP1) is sending samples faster than your computer can keep up.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator